FREDERICTON– The New Brunswick government has announced some of the locations of the CannabisNB stores.
The locations have been chosen based on a tendering process. Eleven locations for Cannabis NB retail stores have been awarded and tenders for the nine remaining sites have been re-issued.
The original tender was for 20 sites in 15 communities. The following retail locations will be open in July 2018:
“We are pleased to have been able to secure locations for 11 stores in eight communities,” said Brian Harriman, president and CEO of NB Liquor, in a release. “The remaining locations have been re-tendered for the nine areas, allowing for those who did not get a chance to submit the first time around to do so at this time.”
Note: A correction has been made since we published this story. The province listed an incorrect location in its original release on the CannabisNB stores in Saint John. There will be one in the north end, not the west side.
- Choice Properties – 165 Main St. (Superstore complex)
- Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St. (near Costco)
- Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.
Greater Saint John
- Loblaw Properties Ltd. – 168 Rothesay Ave. (Superstore complex)
- Plazacorp Property Holdings – 87 Landsdowne Ave. (the north end mall area near Shoppers and Tim Hortons)
- Dalin Investments Inc. – 435 Brookside Dr.
- Heron Enterprises Inc. – 16 Commerce Dr.
- Choice Properties – 640 St. Peter Ave.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 2540 King George Hwy.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 138 Main St.
- Cordova Realty – intersection of Route 3 Old Ridge Road and Route 1
Tenders have been re-issued for the following locations, anticipated to be open by September 2018:
- Fredericton – Southside location;
- Greater Saint John – Rothesay/Quispamsis location;
- Perth-Andover; and