Close To ‘Full Lockdown’ In Halifax As Covid-19 Cases Surge
The provincial government announced sweeping new restrictions in the Halifax area today as cases in the region surged.
The provincial government announced sweeping new restrictions in the Halifax area today as cases in the region surged.
The IIHF Ice Hockey Women’s World Championship, which was set to take place in Nova Scotia in early May, would have created millions in economic activity but was too risky to stage because of Covid-19 concerns.
As of Thursday morning, people from outside Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland won’t be allowed to enter Nova Scotia unless they are permanent residents, or their trip is essential.
The province also says Nova Scotia residents should not leave the province for non-essential purposes.
The heritage building hit the real estate market last week and the firm handling the sale is touting the property as an opportunity for midrise or highrise development.
Iain Rankin is hopeful that the new federal budget announced Monday will pave the way for Nova Scotians to have $10 per day daycare within the next few years.
Halifax’s Design Advisory Committee made way for more density near the Halifax Forum this week when it gave conditional approval to a mixed-use tower just off Windsor Street.
The new rules require people to wear masks on outdoor restaurant bars and patios and places like outdoor farmers’ markets and festivals too.
A New Brunswick startup that created a new way to enjoy one of the world’s oldest beverages will now be carried in a national grocery chain.
NSGEU president Jason MacLean says the 844 affected workers will be voting on whether to ratify or reject the agreement between Friday and Monday.
The U.S. multinational hasn’t yet confirmed the construction of a facility but a deed shows they purchased the property at 180 Thornhill Drive and a renovation permit has been approved for the site.