Join the American Forest Foundation’s WoodsCamp Technology Team to help build and lead an ambitious marketing strategy for reaching and engaging family forest owners across the US. The American Forest Foundation works to protect and measurably increase the clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood supplies coming from family-owned forests, by working with landowners, partners, stakeholders and policymakers to address today’s important economic and environmental issues.
We are hiring a full time Marketing Manager who will work within the WoodsCamp team to leverage a dynamic technology platform for landowner engagement through an integrated digital marketing strategy. The Marketing Manager will also work with other teams at the American Forest Foundation to support the development of highly effective marketing strategies that support regional forest conservation projects.
- Implement, monitor, optimize Instagram and Facebook advertising campaigns in all of WoodsCamp’s active regions
- Implement tests for the use of additional advertising channels such as YouTube and Google placement ads
- Refresh and expand marketing automation for ongoing landowner engagement including ad retargeting, email, messenger, and other potential channels
- Collect and develop a unified American Forest Foundation content library that is mapped to a landowner’s decision journey and the key tactics/tools at each stage.
- Work with the American Forest Foundation team to fill gaps in the content library and foster their capacity to produce meaningful content within their regular activities
- Work with the American Forest Foundation Communications team to amplify marketing efforts through traditional media channels
- Develop the capacity to run marketing strategy simultaneously in 30 states within the next 5 years and manage a team of staff or consultants to complete the work required
- Develop a content calendar for each region to coordinate consistent and powerful messaging for all American Forest Foundation landowner facing strategies
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and at least three years of experience in marketing or communications or related fields are required. Salary will be commensurate with experience and is combined with an attractive benefits package. The position is based with the WoodsCamp team in Lunenburg, NS. Remote work may be considered. The Marketing Manager must also be willing and able to travel periodically within the US.
Required Personal Attributes:
- A commitment to the American Forest Foundation’s mission with a passion for forests and conservation
- Both personable and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and adapt based on what is learned through experience
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative; a self-starter with tenacity, resilience, and high energy
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of constituencies, including co-workers, business and community leaders, partners, donors, board members, volunteers, public officials, and the public at large, in a wide variety of settings
- A client service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to effectively plan and problem solve
- Results-oriented with a keen understanding of the steps necessary to achieve goals on deadline and within budget
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
WoodsCamp is the technology platform building trusted relationships in partnership with America’s four million woodland owners.
In regions where the nation’s forests are predominantly in private ownership (as opposed to state owned), the forest conservation and forest products industries must coordinate their work across a fragmented mosaic of woodland ownerships where landowners increasingly struggle to align their options with their values in determining how to build the health and wealth of their family forests.
For most woodland owners, not knowing what to do, it’s easier to do nothing.
Recently acquired by the American Forest Foundation (AFF), the WoodsCamp team is committed to AFF’s mission of ensuring the sustainability of America’s family forests. We are achieving this by developing online tools and world class support for landowners and partners as they act across millions of acres to ensure clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood for present and future generations.
By leveraging emerging technologies, datasets and cloud services, we are unlocking impact at scale for half of America’s forested land.
Learn more about the problem we’re solving here.
Apply Now to grab this rare opportunity to live in a beautiful vibrant rural community, unleash your creativity and leadership with a growing team that values innovation and impact.
We offer a startup culture with the security of consistent funding and a strong network of partners and assets. If you are passionate about forest and wildlife conservation, rural sustainability and lean startup, there is no better place to put your talent to work.
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.