Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company located in Saint John, NB with interests across number of business lines, including broadcasting, real estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Our purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities. We unlock the potential of our businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and we celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Our focus is on excellence and accomplishments.
Ocean Capital has a new opportunity for a Project Manager. This position will be part of the Project Management Office and will support projects across the organization while working closely with the IT and Business teams.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work with Business and IT Leads during projects including: execution of new system implementations, upgrades, or current system changes.
- Lead and/or be part of the implementation team for projects.
- Drive system optimization for new and current information systems.
- Plan and structure projects using best practices as per the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guide.
- Timely project updates to project sponsors and executive team.
- Ownership of project budgets and timelines. Work with team to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Work with the implementation team to deliver end user guides and customization guides for each implementation.
- Work with project management team and IT Leads to develop and document best practice procedures for information system management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a project management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience with IT systems including Oracle Human Capital Management in the Cloud, Oracle ERP, Hyperion, and JD Edwards would be considered an asset.
Additional Competencies & Qualifications:
- Adaptable and flexible team player.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytic skills.
- Must understand and appreciate the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate leadership potential.
- Business Analysis experience and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Be a change agent looking to improve current and future processes.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply with a resume and cover letter.