Saint John, NB
With over 6.5 million Members, CAA is one of the largest, most trusted and respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent mobility company in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies; is a leading provider of insurance products and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic counts more than 250,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a Partnership Manager, CAA Rewards, to join our Marketing and Communications Department in either our Saint John Corporate Office or our Halifax Corporate Office.
CAA has developed a very robust Loyalty & Rewards Programs exclusively for CAA Members, with hundreds of merchants in thousands of locations offering CAA Members discounts and rewards just for showing their CAA Membership Card. Our Partners include industry leaders such as Coast Tire & Auto Service, East Side Mario’s, Montana’s, Swiss Chalet, RW& Co.,The Source, Cineplex Theatres, to name just a few.
Reporting to the Vice President Marketing & Communications, the Partnership Manager CAA Rewards will act as an account and business development resource, developing an understanding the Partners’ business needs and matching them with the interests of CAA and our Members.
- Manage and support our current CAA Partners, seeking opportunities to strengthen and expand their participation in the CAA Member Rewards Program.
- Seek new Partnership opportunities with industry leading companies across Atlantic Canada.
- Participation in Association projects and committees as required
- University Graduate, ideally in a Business discipline
- Sales & Account Management experience in a B2B environment.
- Innovative and dynamic, this person will be a problem solver and a solution maker.
- Demonstrated track record of managing large events, such as trade shows, exhibits, etc.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of competitive analysis methods.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- Able to elicit cooperation from others.
- Able to manage consultant and volunteer activities.
- Valid driver’s license.
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 245,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Training
- Free Parking
- On-site Fitness Room
- Clean, professional environment