WORKING AT NBIF
At the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF), we strive to change the world one idea at a time. We make dreams come true by enabling innovators to turn their ideas into reality. Our talented team of professionals share a can-do attitude and rely on teamwork to support our clients and to solve complex problems each day. Together we make a significant impact and share a desire to transform our community, all while gaining a breadth of knowledge and experience that’s beyond compare.
At NBIF, innovation is more than a buzzword, innovation is our business. No one day is ever the same as we work with some of the most amazing innovators and help them to realize their dreams. We offer a workplace that empowers our people to do meaningful work and to learn, grow and develop. We believe in continuous learning and refuse to accept the status quo.
You share our enthusiasm and passion for innovation and embrace a startup mindset. You are creative and thoughtful, yet thrive in an environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines. You take pride in your work, excel under pressure, and enjoy helping people. You collaborate well with others and are there to support the organization as a team player and communicator.
We are looking for an Marketing & Administrative Assistant to join our organization. You will play an integral role in fulfilling the mandate of NBIF by ensuring exceptional customer service delivery and actively supporting our marketing and communications activities.
- Support the management team in the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Serve full cycle reception functions and operate as first point of contact for guests including the answering/filtering of all incoming inquiries
- Represent the firm professionally in written and verbal communications
- Assist in the content creation and management relating to the corporate website and marketing materials, including social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and other marketing automation tools (e.g. MailChimp, Hootsuite, Survey Monkey)
- Assist with promotional activities
- Organize and coordinate client & team meetings, develop meeting agendas, take minutes and track action items
- Prepare for meetings and events including arranging catering, preparing materials, locations and assisting with event setup and cleanup
- Assist in the crafting, proofing, and formatting corporate correspondence, including letters, emails, and newsletters
- Perform general administrative duties including filing, photocopying, scanning, and mailing
- Maintain and manage the corporate contact database
- Perform other duties as required
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant administrative and/or marketing experience in a professional, deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English is a must
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure, with competing deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to present a confident, professional demeanor
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
- A natural aptitude for technology, software applications, and social media, including a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, along with working knowledge of social media tools.
- Proficient writing, editing, and grammatical skills
Established in 2003, NBIF is an independent, non-profit corporation that is building the innovation capacity of our province by making investments in applied research and in high-growth potential businesses. We bring together ideas, people and investment capital to bridge the gap between research and enterprise.
Since its inception, NBIF has invested $85 million dollars and leveraged an additional $425 million dollars in funding, all in support of innovation in New Brunswick. These investments have had significant impact on the New Brunswick economy. For every dollar invested by NBIF, $8 has been contributed to the provincial GDP and $2.60 has been generated in tax revenue. To date, NBIF has funded 470 research projects within the province’s universities, community colleges and research organization and supported the creation of over 106 for-profit companies.
This full-time position is based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, and may involve some work outside of normal business hours. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on your qualifications and experience.