The Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Member Service Centre including Membership and the full-service travel agency. As well the Manager is responsible for leading, inspiring and guiding their team of Personal Travel Planners and Member Service Counsellor’s to continuous growth. The Manager will optimize the performance of the centre by building and maintaining relationships with our Members as well as our internal customers by communicating effectively with corporate office. The Manager will ensure that the office is in compliance with all company policies, health and safety and other regulations applying to office facilities and assets and that office related operations are cost effective.
- Responsible for the managing of Member Service Centre activities including customer service, sales, administration, security and financial goals
- Responsible for coaching and leading the Personal Travel Planners and Member Service Counsellors in achieving the goals and objectives of the branch and organization
- Provide leadership and effectively manage the daily branch operation to ensure CAA Atlantic’s Quality Standards are upheld. Work closely with other business areas to ensure a coordinated and high level of Travel and Member Services.
- Develop and implement Local Area Business Plan and successful execution.
- Encourage the promotion of preferred supplier sales.
- Provide direction and scheduling to ensure the branch is fully operational at all times and working to optimum productivity levels.
- The manager monitors branch performance and identifies opportunities to create efficiencies and customer service.
- Ensure retention of existing Members and develop potential Members.
- Communicate and implement tools to monitor and follow-up procedures and policies put in place by corporate office
- Resolve dissatisfactions and follow-up problem files
- Ensure adherence to CAA Best Practices guidelines.
- Selling travel and contributing to the team’s profit or revenue targets (a manager’s target is generally 50% or less than their PTP’s target, depending on their branch size)
- Previous Management experience with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an office management role
- Post-secondary travel courses
- Possess or be eligible to earn a CTC/CTM designation
- Extensive experience working in a leisure travel agency
- Possess the skills to lead a team through change initiatives
- Motivate others and build effective coaching techniques
- Be a team player with a desire to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment
- Have strong communication skills (written, oral and listening Have an unsurpassed commitment to customer service and sales
- Be skilled in the Galileo/Apollo reservation system and Focal Point Software
- Demonstrates an approachable, caring, friendly and customer service oriented attitude. Conducts him/herself in a manner that portrays fairness, honesty, and integrity
- Communicates openly and honestly and builds relationships based on trust, respect and caring
- Passionate about developing, motivating and coaching others
- Honors commitments and conducts themselves in the best interest of employees, members and the Association
- Professional individual who has a flexible approach to work issues
- Develops productive and cooperative working relationships
- Collaborative and team oriented individual who is accessible and approachable to all staff
- Flexible and adaptable
- Manage time effectively
- Have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office products
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 245,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
CAA offers you:
- A competitive salary plus commissions
- Exceptional benefits package including health and dental insurance and pension plan
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Wellness Program
- Free Parking