Commercial Properties Limited has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. We offer high quality premises, great locations, and focus strongly on tenant service. Our specialties include professional offices as well as industrial and retail real estate. We have completed a number of exciting projects over the recent past that we feel have made a difference in the communities they serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Leasing Administrator to join our Property Management team at the Head Office location in Saint John, NB. The successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle Lease Administration and Tenant Interactions.
The essential activities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Document Administration including leases, proposals, abstracts, and expression of interest.
- Obtain Certificate of Insurance (COI) from Tenants, ensuring current COI on file and compliant to the terms of the lease; track and follow up with tenant.
- Maintain a lease renewal notification system to identify renewal dates as well as status of renewals
- Lease review and preparation of lease abstracts.
- Organization and maintenance of tenant files including documentation and correspondence
- Maintain a system to identify critical dates in leases with follow ups
- Maintain a system to identify lease exclusivities, ROFR, ROFO and early terminations
- Monitor vacancy and coordinate modified cleaning schedules accordingly.
- Coordination of new tenant orientation including review of tenant handbook, building policies and procedures, environmental protocol, the online service request portal, and building safety.
- Monitor tenant compliance and reply to tenant inquiries with regards to obligations under the terms of the lease.
- Assist in the resolution of any tenant billing or invoicing issues.
- Assist with tenant survey distribution and response review.
- Foster a professional relationship with all tenants.
- Assist with reception functions as required including processing of purchase orders and other office administration duties.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in commercial property leasing, administration, legal and/or accounting.
- Be familiar and comfortable working with leases and legal documentation.
- Have an affinity towards numbers and a general understanding of financial documents.
- Understand lease elements to ensure accurate information is received, processed, and maintained.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and quality control.
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Be able to work independently and take full ownership of activities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
All Full-time positions offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pay Scale.
- Health, Drug, and Dental Plan.
- Matching Contribution Retirement Savings Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance Options.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Physical Fitness Refund Plan.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply with a resume and cover letter.