Join the American Forest Foundation’s WoodsCamp Technology Team to connect with family forest owners across the US and help them achieve successful stewardship actions on their land. WoodsCamp is a web based experience helping landowners identify stewardship opportunities best suited to their forest and personal goals. We connect landowners to the right local programs, services and professionals to get the work done.
The American Forest Foundation uses these tools in service of a clear mission to protect and measurably increase the clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood supplies that come from family-owned forests, by working with landowners, partners, stakeholders and policymakers to address today’s important economic and environmental issues.
We are hiring a full time Landowner Success Coordinator who will work within the WoodsCamp team to coordinate landowner communications within our active project areas. The Landowner Success Coordinator will use a combination of automated systems, support tools, and direct communications to ensure that landowners who signup on WoodsCamp connect with local service delivery partners and achieve the planned actions. This will require daily personalized contact with landowners by phone, email, Facebook, and Messenger (both inbound and outbound). It will also require monitoring campaign performance metrics to creatively resolve issues that block landowners from accessing the full benefits of the program.
- Outbound phone calls to follow-up with landowners who have signed up on WoodsCamp
- Tracking and responding to Facebook comments on WoodsCamp posts and ads
- Responding to general information Messenger chats and emails
- Support regional call agents as needed to clear call backlogs
- Support the scheduling of local service providers
- Monitor partner service delivery reporting and follow-up when services do not meet customer service standards
- Support the WoodsCamp team in monitoring key performance metrics, identify issues, and develop solutions that ensure a high level of customer service
- Contribute to the WoodsCamp team in ongoing development of the platform to help ensure a high quality experience for each landowner we engage with
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or equivalent and at least one year of sales or communications experience are required. Salary will be commensurate with experience and is combined with an attractive benefits package. The position is based with the WoodsCamp team in Lunenburg, NS.
Required Personal Attributes:
- A commitment to the American Forest Foundation’s mission with a passion for forests and conservation
- Both personable and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and adapt based on what is learned through experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong client service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of constituencies, including co-workers, business and community leaders, partners, volunteers, public officials, and the public at large
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to effectively plan and problem solve
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative; a self-starter with tenacity, resilience, and high energy
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Results-oriented with a keen understanding of the steps necessary to achieve goals
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple priorities
WoodsCamp is the technology platform building trusted relationships in partnership with America’s four million woodland owners.
In regions where the nation’s forests are predominantly in private ownership (as opposed to state owned), the forest conservation and forest products industries must coordinate their work across a fragmented mosaic of woodland ownerships where landowners increasingly struggle to align their options with their values in determining how to build the health and wealth of their family forests.
For most woodland owners, not knowing what to do, it’s easier to do nothing.
Recently acquired by the American Forest Foundation (AFF), the WoodsCamp team is committed to AFF’s mission of ensuring the sustainability of America’s family forests. We are achieving this by developing online tools and world class support for landowners and partners as they act across millions of acres to ensure clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood for present and future generations.
By leveraging emerging technologies, datasets and cloud services, we are unlocking impact at scale for half of America’s forested land.
Learn more about the problem we’re solving here.
Apply Now to grab this rare opportunity to live in a beautiful vibrant rural community, unleash your creativity and leadership with a growing team that values innovation and impact.
We offer a startup culture with the security of consistent funding and a strong network of partners and assets. If you are passionate about forest and wildlife conservation, rural sustainability and lean startup, there is no better place to put your talent to work.
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.