Saint John, NB
CAA Atlantic has recently been infused with innovative vigour which makes this an exciting opportunity for an Information Technology professional to join our small but mighty IT team. Our commitment to cyber security and innovation serves to enhance our Member experience and has required us to expand our workforce. We have consistently been identified as one of the Top Places to Work in Atlantic Canada, with our dedication to our employees and our Member First philosophy second to none. The successful candidate will be working at CAA Atlantic’s corporate office in Saint John, NB, and will report to our Director of Information Technology.
- Using MS Visual Studio design, develop, test and document data interfaces between web services and SQL Server.
- Using Transact-SQL design, document, create and manage database objects (e.g. views, tables, Stored Procedures, etc.) to be used in support of application integration and operational reporting / business intelligence.
- Administer and Maintain Enterprise Application Configuration in a disciplined manner in line with established procedures.
- Author, manage and operate according to IT Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to an on-call support rotation.
- Contribute to projects as part of a cross-functional team.
- 3+ Years’ experience
- Proven ability to confer with users/clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing policies/procedures in support of standardized IT processes (e.g. ITIL) and in support of software integration or development processes.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering or College Diploma as a programmer analyst.
- Experience with database design, development and administration.
- Ability to analyze data with various development and analytical toolsets
- Development experience with Enterprise Service Bus / Web Service Integration.
- Experience or certification with standards such as ITIL, NIST, OWASP, etc. would be an asset.
- Experience with development languages such as C#, Java, Python, MS Visual Studio etc.
- May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 236,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are CAA Atlantic engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
When you come to work for us you will enjoy:
- A compensation plan that includes a competitive salary, as well as an extensive benefits & pension package.
- Ongoing coaching, education, and career development programs.
- Free Parking.
- On-site Fitness Room
- A relaxed and family oriented working environment