Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company located in Saint John, NB with interests across a number of business lines, including: broadcasting, real-estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Our purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities. We unlock the potential of our businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and we celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Our focus is on excellence and accomplishments.
Ocean Capital has a new opportunity for a Human Capital Management Application and Reporting Analyst. This position reports to the Business Solutions Manager and will hold the overall production support the HCM system and relevant reporting systems across the organization working closely with the HR and Payroll teams.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Test and implement quarterly system upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to functional and technical issues.
- Maintain Reporting Catalogue including creating and editing reports and analyses, troubleshooting and resolving defects.
- Schedule automatic delivery of reports and analyses.
- Maintain end-user and system configuration and reporting documentation.
- Configure, manage and assign end-user security.
- Develop relationships with functional owners of the HCM system and with other internal and external consumers of HCM system information.
- Follow governance process for issues and change requests in addition to other processes.
- Log service and enhancement requests with Oracle Support and Oracle Customer Connect.
- Suggest enhancements, implement, and maintain continual improvement procedures and processes for the HCM system.
- Set service levels, agree on them with customers, ensure they are met.
- Perform and process mass updates into the HCM system.
- Train Users on new changes, additions, or enhancements as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in Business or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience in HCM administration, Payroll, or similar system administration.
- Skiln establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels within the organization as evidenced by success in working collaboratively with others to effectively coordinate activities to accomplish tasks.
Additional Competencites & Qualifications:
- Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI, OTBI, OBIEE, or Oracle Analytics.
- Demonstrate competency in system troubleshooting and problem resolution for HCM systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating SQL queries and reports from HCM systems.
- Exceptional task management with proven ability to meet deliverables in a complex multi-system environment.
- Excellent written or verbal communication skills to create effective functional and technical documentation and/or end-user training materials as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal and compliance issues in the HR and Payroll body of knowledge.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply with a resume and cover letter.