Planet Hatch is New Brunswick’s flagship startup acceleration centre. We support early stage entrepreneurs and businesses through creative physical infrastructure, resources, services, mentorship and funding. Our goal is to help entrepreneurs grow their startups into successful and established businesses that contribute to job creation and economic growth.
Planet Hatch is looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to fill the role of Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR). The EIR will provide business counselling to Planet Hatch member startups and entrepreneurs from the community at large to assist the development of successful, established businesses. The EIR will report to the Director, and as a key member of the Planet Hatch team will be expected to contribute to annual and strategic planning, setting objectives, and reporting on results.
- Provide business coaching and counselling to new business startups and existing businesses.
- Advise clients with respect to preparation of business plans, marketing, training, financing and Federal and Provincial assistance programs.
- Develop counselling models for common challenges entrepreneurs face in various stages of their entrepreneurial journey.
- Jointly manage files by liaising with our economic development partners
- Extensive business management experience, ideally through your own entrepreneurial experience with a new business startup.
- Work experience in analyzing financial and statistical information and providing recommendations.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and judgements.
- High level of professionalism and business acumen.
- Experience in developing community and regional networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Bilingualism (French / English) is an asset.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Familiarity working with a CRM system.
- Flexibility, when required, to work outside regular Monday to Friday working hours.
- A minimum of five years experience working in a private sector management role or your own entrepreneurial experience with a new business startup.
- Post-secondary degree (college or university) in business/ commerce or related field is required.
About Ignite Fredericton
As the community’s economic development catalyst agency, Ignite Fredericton is focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ignite Fredericton / Planet Hatch / Knowledge Park
Mission: Fuelling Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth!
Vision: Startup (entrepreneur) Capital of Canada
- Ignite Fredericton – Community’s Economic Development catalyst agency focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Planet Hatch – Offering startup services including eight business incubation/acceleration programs, advisory services, coaching, mentorship, startup network, and learn/inspire events.
- Knowledge Park – Atlantic Canada’s largest technology and research park, which is a clustering environment for knowledge-based companies, and member of the national Association of University Research Parks (AURP).
Salary range for this position is $50,000- $57,000 based on experience and qualifications. Planet Hatch offers a competitive benefits package including matching RRSP.