FREDERICTON – The Fredericton Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual Business Excellence Awards on Thursday night, recognizing outstanding achievement in business and community involvement in eight categories.
“The Business Excellence Awards is a highlight on the annual chamber calendar for the chamber staff, our board of directors – and, of course, our members,” said Krista Ross, CEO of the Fredericton chamber, said in a release.
“Taking time to celebrate success in our region is a reminder that great things are happening right in our backyard. Fredericton has a wonderful mix of cutting-edge knowledge-sector businesses, innovative startups, amenities and more traditional businesses that are foundational to our community.”
The recipients of the Fredericton chamber’s 2017 Business Excellence Awards are as follows:
- Resilience Award: Platinum Salon & Spa
- Not-For-Profit Organization Award: Fredericton Homeless Shelters
- Small Business Award: BrunNet
- Community Leadership Through Business Award: Office Interiors
- Medium Business Award: Clowater’s Plumbing & Heating
- Start-up Award: Chess Piece Patisserie
- Large Business Award: AMEC
- Business Person of the Year Award: Beth Crowell
“This event underscores how optimistic Fredericton should be about the future of the local business community,” said Paul Simmonds, chamber past president and chair of the awards selection committee.
“The collective work being done in Fredericton to foster entrepreneurship, grow existing operations and supporting generational businesses is paying dividends. As a community, we all benefit from a strong business environment, one of the reasons our organizational vision is ‘Community Prosperity Through Business.’”