We’re on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we’re looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Director, Planning, Strategy and Competitive Renewal, based in Moncton, NB.
The Director, Planning, Strategy & Competitive Renewal is both an originator and consolidator of strategy encompassing Atlantic Lottery’s vision, mission and defined objectives. You will have fact-grounded and evolving perspective on the market and operational challenges/opportunities facing the company and our industry. You will actively engage in the process of constructing, measuring progress and evolving the company’s short and long-term plans.
Strategy Development & Communications
- Collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team (Executives & Directors) in architecting, developing, communicating, executing and sustaining overall corporate strategy and focused strategic initiatives. Work closely with AL’s business units to enable efficient reporting of progress against objectives
- Accountable for the integrated performance reporting of AL, to proactively make recommendations to optimize the organization’s execution of its plans
- Developing & Delivering Executive & Board presentations
- Develop & lead the competitive renewal roadmap for the corporation; consulting with the business units to identify renewal priorities as well as working with the respective business owners in developing project and resourcing plans to deliver results.
- Lead a small team of subject matter experts to deliver Change Management strategies and consultation for renewal efforts.
- Leverage deep industry knowledge to effectively partner and collaborate across business and functional teams at all levels
- Engage teams in transparent discussions around progress against strategy; ensure awareness and understanding via strong relationships enabled by trust
- Partner closely with finance professionals in the development of business cases and measurement of delivery results.
- Support the ongoing evolution of the broader Interprovincial Lottery Corporation (ILC) strategy and ensure it is reflected in AL’s strategy and conversely, AL’s strategy as an input to the national strategy.
What we can expect from you:
- Ability to build effective relationships with executives, board, and business unit leaders with strong emotional intelligence to deal with sensitivity of information & seniority of audience
- Strong ability to influence and gain support and adoption from leaders across the enterprise
- Result-oriented with an ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple initiatives and develop solutions where plans may not exist
- Strong business acumen with an aptitude for strategic, critical and analytical thinking
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment where your knowledge, skills & abilities can materially & positively impact the organization
- You are a natural leader.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 8+ years of relevant, progressively senior experience
- Experience leading organizations through strategic change & planning
- Change management project experience, which includes developing, implementing and managing large-scale, cross-functional organizational change
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry
Our players have been having fun and “dreaming big” since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island.
The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today’s Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet.
With games come winners – big and small wins every day – but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good!
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility.
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before July 17, 2019.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.