Saint John, NB
With over 6.5 million Members nation-wide, CAA is one of the largest and most respected consumer-based organizations in Canada, recently being awarded The Most Trusted Brand in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members everyday savings through its CAA Member Rewards program.
CAA has also been at the forefront of every safety and infrastructure milestone in Canada: from the Trans-Canada Highway to major investments in roadways; from seatbelts to airbags; from traveler safety to traveler consumer protection; from distracted driving to to impaired driving. CAA is known as ‘The Advocate of the Mobile Public’.
CAA Atlantic is seeking a Director of Public Affairs & Communications for Atlantic Canada. Working at CAA Atlantic’s corporate office in Saint John, NB, the Director of Public Affairs & Communications will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
The responsibilities for the Director of Public Affairs Communications will include:
· Monitor relevant government and public legislation and activities associated with CAA’s key focus areas.
· Lead Public Affairs campaigns and initiatives
· Manage external Public Affairs stakeholder relationships.
· Manage media relations.
· Direct the development of content and communications across all channels for CAA Atlantic lines-of-business.
Qualified Candidates shall possess the following skills and experience:
· University graduate in a relevant discipline (Public Relations, Communications)
· Current and direct experience in the management of a company’s Public Affairs & Communications strategy
· Experience in media relations
· Solid organizational and priority management skills
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
· Innovative and dynamic, this person will be a problem solver and a solution maker
Organizational Skills, Priority Management, Public Affairs, Public Relations, dynamic, Communications Planning, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Innovative, Media Relations
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 236,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members and CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are CAA Atlantic engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
CAA offers you:
· A competitive compensation package
· Exceptional benefits package including health and dental plan plus company pension plan.
· Complimentary CAA Membership
· An in-house gym facility
· An innovative and dynamic work environment.