One of the fastest-growing marketing and creative agencies in the region is looking for a detail-oriented and fearless leader to join the team, help implement change, and control project-management on an ongoing basis. This is a new role within the company.
This position provides daily management for all agency projects and initiatives. The Director of Project Management & Performance will be a critical role in the continued growth and success of the agency. Attention to detail, energy, enthusiasm, and extraordinary communication skills will help the ideal candidate thrive in this exciting role. Bilingualism would be considered a major asset but is not a requirement.
The Director of Project Management & Performance will need to apply leading-edge practices, and techniques to control project schedules, cost, scope, risks, timelines, revisions, iterations, and quality to meet the client’s goals and objectives. This role has ultimate responsibility and accountability for all assigned projects and manages all aspects of the projects’ life cycle including quoting, scoping, planning, execution, monitoring, and internal team management. Additionally, this role supports all departments throughout all projects’ life cycles while demonstrating excellent analytical skills, high accuracy, the ability to multitask, and strong attention to detail while also contributing to a positive team atmosphere and culture. 16 team members will report to the Director of Project Management & Performance.
This role is anything but a 9 to 5 role and no two days are alike. Given the nature and the types of clients the agency works with, a high degree of flexibility is required. Given the entrepreneurial nature of the clients, internal and external requests arrive 7 days a week and often require immediate attention. There are on average 30 to 40 projects being managed simultaneously which results in a considerable amount of deliverables to keep an eye on.
The Director of Project Management & Performance will work closely with the VP of Strategy & Results who previously led project management at the agency. The Director of Project Management & Performance will be trusted to help evaluate and implement new and improved systems and processes to ensure work is streamlined and to ensure team members can focus on creating world-class work in their respective fields. The Director of Project Management & Performance will be supported by The Project Enhancement Liaison.
The Director of Project Management & Performance will also report to the President, CEO and Administrative Director of the firm to ensure targets and goals are being met on an ongoing basis with the ultimate goal being the company’s sustainable growth.
The Director of Project Management & Performance will be required to:
- Be the point of contact for clients, vendors, & team members
- Collaborate with team members to develop & manage project timelines
- Collaborate on strategic, technical, & functional requirements
- Use the dedicated platforms to set up projects and manage the tasks. The firm uses BaseCamp3 as its primary cloud-based project management tool
- Identify and manage risk, escalations, & scope creep
- Create & communicate project tracking reports
- Create work back schedules & plans
- Proactively coordinate and manage projects through the delegation of work assignments, setting due dates, monitoring and managing delegated activities, & communicating changes.
- Proactively assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and client goals
- Escalate challenges and opportunities as required
- Manage competing demands and prioritize work objectively with many moving pieces, dynamic relationships, and shifting requests
- Support process improvement initiatives so that they are implemented on a daily basis
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Project Management experience
- Proven experience with project management and working with small and medium-sized businesses
- Extensive and proven experience in managing complex projects encompassing cross-departmental stakeholders in an extraordinarily fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate and run meetings effectively with clients, suppliers, and internal team members
- Analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Professional, mature, motivated, self-directed, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Objective, with the ability to influence individuals across the organization
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Team-orientated, collaborative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced personal time management skills
- Creative or agency experience is considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) will be considered an asset but is not a requirement
Atlantic Canada’s fastest-growing marketing and creative agency. Focused on helping ambitious entrepreneurial clients achieve their true potential.
More like a family than co-workers: BrainWorks is an international award-winning marketing and communications firm located in Moncton, New Brunswick. The 17 person firm provides customized marketing, strategy, video, communications, and related professional services to clients across a broad range of industries and sectors. Many of the firm’s clients are entrepreneurs and organizations with ambitious goals. From startups and local campaigns to national activations for major brands – we’re here to help clients push the limits of what’s possible.
BrainWorks was named one of the coolest offices by Atlantic Business Magazine in 2019 and recently recieved 3 international creative awards for work completeled in 2018-2019.