Saint John, NB
In this newly-created role, you will be the thought leader who will research, validate, and introduce multiple new innovative solutions to CAA Atlantic.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, you will assume the role of “Chief Idea Officer” within CAA Atlantic, becoming the catalyst and champion for product innovation initiatives throughout the business.
As Director of Innovation, you will provide insight and lead strategic opportunities to ensure that CAA Atlantic continues to remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. Your work will allow the organization to provide value to its current, as well as, future Members and customers, with an innovation mindset at the core of all offerings.
This position is based out of Saint John, New Brunswick; however, we will also consider candidates living elsewhere in Atlantic Canada so long as they are able to travel.
Are you a creative-minded Big Picture thinker, with an appreciation for supporting decisions through data and research?
Do you possess a consistent belief that the path to improvement frequently comes from evolving beyond the status quo?
Do you ever wonder how dramatic changes in personal mobility will impact the way Atlantic Canadians choose to travel and/or shape attitudes around car ownership?
Are you interested in touching the lives of more than a quarter-million CAA Atlantic Members and customers?
If this sounds like you, then read on.
The Director of Innovation will rapidly become the primary catalyst and champion for product innovation throughout the CAA Atlantic organization, by implementing the Board of Directors’ newly mandated and funded strategy to “Infuse CAA Atlantic with a progressive innovation agenda”.
By interfacing with other Product Innovation groups at CAA/AAA clubs across North America, as well as, academic centers and innovation-focused entities within Atlantic Canada, you will be continuously sourcing innovation-related ideas and inspiration.
You will also be creating and introducing a structured innovation-change framework for CAA Atlantic through the development of a standardized methodology for idea generation, research, analysis, evaluation, ranking and then finalized approvals for multiple, concurrent innovation initiatives.
As the “Chief Idea Officer” for CAA Atlantic, you will take full ownership of the processes and associated structure to operate a sustainable ideation program including:
- Maintaining an idea management platform that facilitates the submission, evaluation, and development of a pipeline of innovative new idea submissions from various organizational sources.
- Initiating and facilitating periodic ideation/brainstorming sessions for ongoing concepts development to fill CAA Atlantic’s funnel of product innovation opportunities.
- Leveraging existing, as well as, emerging product development methodologies and frameworks (e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Six Sigma) to ensure CAA Atlantic’s innovation model is optimized for best-possible performance organizationally.
- Finally, you will act as the champion for an Innovation mindset. Collaborating with a diverse group of internal stakeholders, your leadership will be key to evolving our culture to ensure CAA Atlantic is a place where innovation is identified and embraced as essential for the continued long-term success of our business.
- Intrapreneurial employee profile is a must-have, e.g. the Director of Innovation will possess a strong desire to create and affect growth or internal change while operating within a well-established (legacy model) organizational structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or related field. MBA is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in similar Innovation roles and/or demonstrated success in related business functions, e.g. strategy development, change management, etc.?
- Balance of right-brain and left-brain talents where your exceptional ability to conceive new ideas and approaches is very well balanced by critical thinking skills and the application of disciplined analysis in the evaluation of new business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to build and then maintain relationships with peers, partners, vendors and key stakeholders at all seniority levels both within and outside the organization.
- Advanced communication skills with an exceptional ability to successfully formulate then sell different business approaches and new solutions directly to various audiences within CAA.
- A results-oriented business contributor with the drive to establish and achieve challenging project milestones on both major and minor initiatives.
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 236,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members and CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working in our CAA Saint John office, you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are CAA Atlantic engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
CAA Atlantic is hiring a new Director of Innovation who will lead the strategic adoption of an innovation-focused approach to developing new CAA Atlantic product offerings.
If you are looking for a challenging career opportunity that leverages your skills and talents as an influential, innovation business professional then this could be the right fit.
CAA Atlantic will provide the Director of Innovation with a competitive compensation package along with an excellent benefits package, incentive bonus program, plus the flexible work environment that allows you to help us to realize our vision.
Learn more about working with CAA Atlantic here and Apply For This Job Today!