We are looking for an analytical, detail-oriented individual to work with us in a Data Scientist role. You would be tasked with analyzing, interpreting and modelling data to solve business problems on a global scale. This is a position that requires good problem-solving skills, high technical competency and excellent communication skills to present your ideas and findings.
In this role, you would report to the VP Engineering. Responsibilities will include:
- Conceiving and developing data driven solutions for clients
- Creating and presenting results and findings to clients
- Collaborating with developer resources to build data pipelines and operationalize solutions
- Data cleaning & reshaping
- Masters or Ph.D in Econometrics, Financial Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a Data Science role
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Preferably Python)
- Experience with one or more data science frameworks (e.g. Numpy, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Pandas)
- Strong understanding of data and business
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Past experience with one or more business intelligence/analytics platforms (Teradata, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Analytical experience related to the food and beverage industry
- Past experience working with time series data
Fiddlehead is employing big data analysis to revolutionize the food and beverage supply chain. We are solving the hard problems of reducing inventory cost and improving customer service levels.
Every year in Canada alone, 2.4 billion kilograms of food are wasted in supply chains between farm and fork. That’s a big problem to solve in a world that needs to feed 9 billion people by 2050. Fiddlehead is a venture-backed startup using data science to help global food and beverage manufacturers make better forecasting decisions. Cool fact: There is a 33% chance that any french fry you have eaten in the last year appeared in our statistical models. Yep, we love numbers. If you do too, you could be the data scientist we’re looking for.
Fiddlehead offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a flexible office culture.