As the Client & Business Services Coordinator, you will support activities relating to our clients, marketing and communications, and day to day operations of the Ignite Fredericton/Planet Hatch/Knowledge Park team.
Front Desk Management: Act as first point of contact and liaison for clients, board members, funding partners, stakeholders, etc.
Marketing and Communications: Provide support for the marketing and communications team including:
- Social media support
- Daily media scans
- Media relations and advocacy support as required
- Maintenance of distribution lists, website, events calendar and media library
- Monitoring and updating ‘Earned Media’ spreadsheet for organizations and clients (i.e. startups).
Administrative Support: Provide support for the Ignite Fredericton, Knowledge Park and Planet Hatch team including:
- Support for staff/task force/committee meetings through scheduling, minute taking and/or preparing reports
- Event planning and support which could include off-site assistance with set-up, registration, etc.
- Accounting support
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies
- Acting as liaison for IT support
- Support for Knowledge Park Operations which may include lease management, tenant relations, development and new leasing
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks which could include proofreading, filing, compiling packages, mail, etc.
Special Project Support: Assistance with special projects as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Organized self starter with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset but not required
- Social media, creative writing and journalism experience
- Ability to take minutes
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping procedures is considered an asset
- University or college graduate or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
About Ignite Fredericton
As the community’s economic development catalyst agency, Ignite Fredericton is focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ignite Fredericton / Planet Hatch / Knowledge Park
Mission: Fuelling Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth!
Vision: Startup (entrepreneur) Capital of Canada
- Ignite Fredericton – Community’s Economic Development catalyst agency focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Planet Hatch – Offering startup services including eight business incubation/acceleration programs, advisory services, coaching, mentorship, startup network, and learn/inspire events.
- Knowledge Park – Atlantic Canada’s largest technology and research park, which is a clustering environment for knowledge-based companies, and member of the national Association of University Research Parks (AURP).
As the community’s economic development organization, Ignite Fredericton is strategically focused on helping entrepreneurs START, GROW and LOCATE their businesses. We are also working to attract and retain talent, and strengthen the economic development ecosystem through collaboration and strategic initiatives. Ignite Fredericton operates as one organization with Planet Hatch offering startup services; and Knowledge Park, Atlantic Canada’s largest research and technology park.