Planet Hatch is looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to fill the role of Business Start-up Specialist. The successful candidate will provide business counselling to Planet Hatch member start-ups and entrepreneurs from the community at large to assist the development of successful, established businesses. The Business Start-up Specialist will report to the Director, and as a key member of the Planet Hatch team will be expected to contribute to annual and strategic planning, setting objectives, and reporting on results.
- Provide business coaching and counselling to new business start-ups and existing businesses;
- Advise clients with respect to preparation of business plans, marketing, training, financing and assistance programs;
- Develop counselling models for common challenges entrepreneurs face in various stages of their entrepreneurial journey
- Liaise with economic development partners to jointly manage files
- Extensive business or economic development experience, ideally through your own entrepreneurial experience of a new business start-up
- Work experience in analyzing financial and statistical information and providing recommendations
- Ability to make sound business decisions and judgments
- High level of professionalism and business acumen
- Experience in developing community and regional networks
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Bilingualism (French / English) is an asset
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Familiarity working with a CRM system
- Flexibility, when required, to work outside regular Monday to Friday working hours
- A minimum of five years experience working in a in a senior business or economic development role;
- Post-secondary degree (college or university) in business/ commerce or related field is required
About Ignite Fredericton
As the community’s economic development catalyst agency, Ignite Fredericton is focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ignite Fredericton / Planet Hatch / Knowledge Park
Mission: Fuelling Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth!
Vision: Startup (entrepreneur) Capital of Canada
- Ignite Fredericton – Community’s Economic Development catalyst agency focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Planet Hatch – Offering startup services including eight business incubation/acceleration programs, advisory services, coaching, mentorship, startup network, and learn/inspire events.
- Knowledge Park – Atlantic Canada’s largest technology and research park, which is a clustering environment for knowledge-based companies, and member of the national Association of University Research Parks (AURP).
Salary range for this position is $45,000- $55,000 based on experience and qualifications. Planet Hatch offers a competitive benefits package including matching RRSP.
Interested candidates should apply by emailing their CV and cover letter to Planet Hatch Director, Adam Peabody at [email protected]