As the training and research assistant, you will participate in development and launch of SymptomGuidesTM, working in partnership with our diverse portfolio of pharmaceutical clients. Specific tasks will include project management, documentation, development of training materials, facilitation and training. Immediate responsibilities will include a leadership position rolling out a newly established SymptomGuideTM in 15-20 clinics across the USA. Travel will be required for this position.
Manage training program and train clinic personnel; review and prepare materials and communications for successful training implementation before, during and after clinic training and summarize and provide appropriate feedback when necessary.
Work in partnership with key pharmaceutical sponsors and other stakeholders to develop new, review, and/or revise training guides and instructional material for programs, SOP’s, training standards, quizzes, evaluation forms, proficiency standards and other training documents as needed.
Continually monitor the effectiveness of programs; recommend new approaches to improve, update, or enhance services offered.
Troubleshoot and/or provide timeline for solutions for problems
Research and implement best in class training procedures and adapt current tools/ methodologies to suit the program’s needs.
Assist in the development and validation of novel patient-centered outcome measures, using DGI’s proprietary methodology.
Undergraduate with a preference for a Master’s degree in a Health field.
Preference given to someone with a nursing and / or health promotion background.
2+ years experience in research, training and/or health promotion preferably health sciences
Planning and Coordination
- Excellent organizational skills and time management; can maintain stores and retrieve study documentation
- Critical thinker; can synthesize training / beta testing results and provide feedback
- Enthusiastic, engaging, and dynamic.
- Comfortable and skilled facilitator and presenter
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding scientific process
- Able to understand complex methodologies of science tools
- Experience in clinical setting and/or clinical trial management is an asset
- Comfortable with documentation, data entry, and data checks
- Has strong attention to detail
- Ensures confidentiality and works in an ethical manner
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to recognize when to consult with other experts
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication and team skills. We provide a non-hierarchical, collegial environment and work in partnership with our clients
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Travel will be required for this position
The DGI Clinical Inc offices are located at 1730 Market Street, Halifax, NS. DGI offers a competitive salary and benefits.
About DGI Clinical Inc.
DGI Clinical is a Halifax-based company focused on the provision of tools and techniques for patient-centered research and health care. DGI has a focus on individualized outcome measurement and works with clients to build SymptomGuidesTM. These sophisticated tools allow patients to set goals for treatment which can be tracked over time and have been used by diverse groups as outcome measures in clinical research and as patient monitoring tools in clinic settings. The success of the symptom guide methodology stems from DGI’s commitment to putting the patient at the center of everything we do.
In addition to the focus on patient-centered outcome measurement, DGI has developed a host of sophisticated analytical techniques focused on providing additional information around the clinical meaningfulness of existing pharmaceutical data. DGI is continually investing in the development of new analytical tools to increase the information value of existing clinical trial data.
DGI is made up of data scientists, health experts, dynamic business minded people and problem solvers. We are passionate about our company, and finding innovative solutions for our clients. If you have a passion for health research and patient-centered care, are detail-oriented, analytical, and want to work in a small, highly innovative environment, then this is the role for you.