Huddle tells the stories of the creative, innovative and interesting entrepreneurs working in New Brunswick and throughout the Maritimes. It also reports on the issues and events that help, or hinder, their ability to create wealth and employment. Huddle has a broad definition of entrepreneurship, knowing that it exists in many sectors, including but not limited to IT, energy, agriculture, tourism, food and beverage, health and culture.
It’s a news site, and also a gathering place for people with ambition who, through their companies and communities, want to help build stronger economies. That includes owners and operators of businesses, people who work for them, and people invested in the success of local companies.
Huddle is currently looking for a reporter in Moncton, New Brunswick, the province’s largest city and an economic and cultural driver. The ideal candidate has a passion for business and entrepreneurship, and is keen to connect with that community to find story ideas and help build an audience for the stories themselves. The person is a strong storyteller and reporter who can work independently in a Moncton bureau that works with the editorial team in Saint John.
The reporter will take part in the production of website’s daily content, including:
- Pitching original ideas and taking assignments about the New Brunswick business community
- Doing research, conducting interviews and writing news and feature stories
- Writing Facebook and Twitter posts, and playing an active role in finding the audience for stories and engaging with them
- Taking pictures, taping audio and video interviews, and integrating them into stories where appropriate
- Experience or an active interest in business and economic issues
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Degree in journalism is preferred, but not necessary if you have journalism experience
- A demonstrated passion and aptitude for social media
- A demonstrated passion for connecting with a community of readers
- Familiarity with content management systems like WordPress
- Photography and videography skills
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter, CV with references, and three writing samples to:
Editor, Huddle Today
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.huddle.today