The OSCO Construction Group is a collection of companies operating in steel, concrete and construction. We have been in business since 1955, and serve a variety of markets throughout Atlantic and Western Canada, the Eastern US, and the Caribbean.
As a proud member of the OSCO Construction Group, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. We service our customers from our Precast, Pipe and Ready Mix operations in New Brunswick & Nova Scotia and the New England region of the United States.
Strescon Limited currently has a career opportunity for an Operations Engineer – Pipe Plant, located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Manage pipe plant operations to ensure profitability targets, quality, safety standards and schedule commitments are met;
- Identify processes and implement improvements that support the organizational goals;
- Continue to maintain current business relationships and the potential to grow our customer base;
- Additional responsibilities may be identified as required.
- Must possess an Engineering Degree – B.Eng. in Civil is preferable;
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with APEGNB;
- Previous experience in the concrete industry a definite asset;
- Previous experience with warehouse/ production facility and experience using a computerized software package for coordination purposes is a definite asset;
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of construction drawings;
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential;
- Candidates with spoken and written capabilities in French would be given preference;
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
OSCO Construction Group offers a comprehensive compensation package including RRSP, Life Insurance, Health and Dental Benefits and a variety of other employee programs including, but not limited to, Smoking Cessation, Fitness Reimbursement and new vehicle purchase discounts.