Founded in 1955, Ocean Steel has grown to become the largest steel fabricator in Eastern Canada and one of the most respected steel suppliers on the Eastern Seaboard. Our customer base has extended from the Atlantic Provinces to the New England states, the Caribbean Islands and other offshore export destinations.
We currently have a career opportunity as an Assistant Plant Manager in our Steel Fabrication Plant, located inSaint John, New Brunswick.
Assisting the Plant Manager with the daily operation and maintenance of a large steel fabrication facility, including:
- Co-ordination and supervision of manpower;
- Production planning & scheduling of fabrication process;
- Identification & implementation of process improvements.
Education Requirements – Knowledge & Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a Civil Engineering and/or Civil Engineering Technology background;
- Candidates with a minimum five years experience in design and/or project management in the steel or construction industry will be given preference;
- Results-driven with a focus on future growth and development;
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment would be an asset;
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency and ability to balance priorities without sacrificing deadlines;
- Possess superior communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Able to work well in an extremely fast-paced, deadline driven environment with proven time management and organizational skills.
To apply online please submit your resume here.