The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative, displays problem solving and decision making abilities, has excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced and changing work environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and sense of urgency coupled with a proven ability to manage staff.
- Ability to hold and maintain Security Clearance as per ACMPR;
- Apply education and knowledge of Engineering Principles in the planning, development, design and maintenance of our expanding Moncton facility;
- Support the Director of Facilities and Maintenance to ensure systems and equipment are operating efficiently;
- Responsible for Organigram’s electrical engineering, maintenance, environmental, energy, controls/instrumentation and HVAC needs;
- Recommend solutions and implements appropriate corrective actions for major and complex maintenance issues;
- On-board new equipment as required and upgrade associated utilities as required for new equipment installations;
- Setting project priorities, estimating costs and meeting deadlines;
- Develop and manage annual facility and capital budgets;
- Develop and mentor staff with succession planning goals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in facility maintenance management in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in the food, agriculture or pharmaceutical industry preferred;
- Hands on experience of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boilers, water systems and compressed gases required;
- Experience with building management software would be considered an asset;
- Control automation and PLC experience preferred;
- Proven ability to build, manage and motivate a team;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to excel in a cross functional environment;
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adopt best practices in our growing environment;
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment;
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility – leads by example.
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2017.