Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick’s lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top 25 Employers in 2017, ONB is seeking an experienced and exceptional Director of Finance and Administration for our Corporate Accounting and Finance team in Fredericton, NB. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick’s economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
At ONB you will be working for Atlantic Canada’s largest corporate finance team. We have expertise in Moody’s Commercial Credit Analytics, Business Valuations, Corporate Finance Qualification, Banking, Credit Structuring, Special Loans, and Negotiations.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 8 years’ experience working in one or more of the following areas:
- director, manager or controller of a corporate accounting group;
- public accounting or auditing;
- running month-end and year-end financial close;
- preparing GAAP compliant financial statements, notes and MD&A;
- understanding and/or experience with PSAB;
- dealing with and presenting to executive management and a board of directors;
- running a year-end corporate audit including preparing year-end audit packages;
- liaising with external auditors;
- financial management in a medium to large organization and/or experience within a public accounting firm.
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline.
- You possess an advanced or professional accounting, financial or management designation.
- You are adept at leading, mentoring and managing a team of employees.
- You are committed to professional development and are willing to pursue additional training.
- You are adept at critical analysis and recognized for your sound judgement.
- You are an effective communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You are a skilled negotiator and creative problem solver.
- You have well-developed writing skills where interpretation, analysis, assessment and/or creativity requiring the knowledgeable use of terminology and precise articulation of ideas or opinions is necessary to effectively communicate.
- You have well-developed influencing and relationship management skills.
- You are at your best when you are challenged, and thrive on getting results.
- You value recognition, giving back to the community and camaraderie with your colleagues.
- You work hard and are fun to have around.
As the Director of Finance and Administration at ONB, you will:
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Deal Structuring.
- Manage an exceptional team of finance and accounting employees.
- Develop innovative policies and procedures to enable ONB to better understand its operations and report results to the executive team, our board of directors and sub-committees of cabinet.
- Prepare and deliver concise and comprehensive reports and presentations under tight timeframes.
- Provide financial and business recommendations to various boards and committees.
- Monitor and report on controls, procedures and ONB’s portfolio.
- Liaise with businesses, financial institutions, government departments and agencies.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
This position is located in Fredericton, NB with possible occasional travel within the province and work beyond regular business hours (8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Plan and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community.
- Positive and inclusive work culture.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.