Saint John, NB
Port Saint John is seeking to fill a permanent, full-time position within the Operations Department. Operations is responsible for maintaining the Port facilities and infrastructure to ensure safe and efficient operations. This position plays a key role to ensure operational effectiveness and will liaise with customers, terminal operators, cruise lines, regulators, and internal employees.
Responsibilities include monitoring Port activity to ensure all parties have the relevant information to safely and securely operate within the Port’s jurisdiction. The primary job duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Act as Cruise Terminal Manager and Marine Facility Security Officer(MFSO) by ensuring smooth, secure, and safe operations;
· Communicate with Cruise Lines regarding ship schedules;
· Manage various functions within the Port’s main operating system, such as Dangerous Goods permits, service requests, etc.
· Complete Terminal Inspections of Port facilities and infrastructure;
· Ensure facilities and terminals are properly prepared in advance of their use by working with Port team;
· Act as point of contact between Port and customers (ship agents, terminal operators, lease holders, etc.) for operational issues as required;
· Monitor ship schedules and coordinate berth requests that impact PSJ facilities as required;
· Communicate all relevant port activities (marine, land, venues) to port personnel and third-party stakeholders as required;
· Maintain awareness of on-going capital and maintenance works and identify any potential operational impacts;
· Manage various third-party inspections, certificates and permits of various pieces of equipment and infrastructure;
· Act as an “information conduit” within the Operations Department to facilitate safe and efficient operations.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
· Completed post-secondary education in a related field;
· Minimum 7-10 years related experience;
· Strong working knowledge and experience using safe work policies and procedures;
· Transport Canada Security Clearance Restricted Level 2 or eligible to receive;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong technology experience and aptitude;
· Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract;
· Personal vehicle available for use.
· Experience in marine operations.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Port Saint John is a part of the critical transportation infrastructure of Canada and a cornerstone of the New Brunswick economy.
To proactively manage, in a sustainable manner, the provision of infrastructure and service for present and future users of Port Saint John to the economic and social benefit of the surrounding region.
Please include “Operations Manager” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This competition may be used to fill future opportunities.
Applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and resume clearly demonstrating their skills and abilities as they relate to this position by close of business Monday, February 12th, 2018, to:
Serene Allen, Human Resources Generalist: