Halifax Regional Municipality, NOVA SCOTIA
The Office Manager is a key contributor responsible the financial, administrative function and day-to-day office operations at DGI Clinical. The Office Manager will contribute through supporting company operations in the areas of: finances, payroll, office supplies, systems and records, travel support and other administrative tasks.
- Record all financial transactions in Quickbooks and ensure records are maintained on Hubdoc
- Performing bookkeeping for the company including performing the full cycle day to day accounting function, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, monthly financial statements, GL entries, year-end closing and adjusting entries
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and maintain banking function
- Assist Senior team with financial forecasting and projection
- Preparation of year-end working papers for the annual audit
- Process payroll, and related government remittances (including CRA)
- Ensure remittances are up to date for CRA
- Financial Reporting: Monthly, quarterly, reports to investors
- Help the DGI team with claims for Government funding/assistance as needed
Office and Operations:
- Provide administrative support to employees as requested
- Co-ordinate schedules and meeting requests
- Organize and implement office operations with direction of the CEO
- Maintaining office supplies and other needed supports for the day-to-day functioning of the office
- Help employees with queries regarding office management and procedures (e.g. stationary, travel arrangements)
- Help plan internal and external events as needed
- Book travel arrangements as needed
- Maintain company records ? e.g. legal, registrations, insurance etc?
- Other duties as needed
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft office software
- G-Suite proficiency (Google apps)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Experience with office systems
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience with knowledge of Quickbooks. Hubdoc is considered an asset.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Enthusiastic attitude and able to work independently in a start-up environment
DGI has a proprietary outcome measurement tool, SymptomGuideTM, in Alzheimer’s disease and other disease areas, which are currently being used in global clinical trials. Together with our innovative outcome measure, we capture data through various systems and apply our data mining techniques to large data sets. We continue to innovate our analytical approaches and are expanding to other disease areas. If you have experience with finances and bookkeeping, are detail-oriented and want to work in a small, highly innovative environment, then this might be the role for you.
DGI is made up of data scientists, health experts, dynamic business minded people and problem solvers. We are passionate about our company, and finding innovative solutions for our clients.