New Brunswick Medical Society
Full-time Permanent Position
$47,320 – $63,700
Based in Fredericton the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for all physicians. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Director, Economics & Negotiations, the Economics Officer will provide support and analysis related to health care economics. This individual has a background in a related area and will be responsible for conducting research, providing analysis and writing briefs as required.
Who are you?
- You have proven experience and success in conducting research, project management, communications, member relations and/or business development with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- You have related post-secondary education in Business Administration or Economics. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written and analytical skills, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You can easily complete administrative tasks when required to do so.
- You are reliable, discrete, and conscientious.
- You effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients.
- You value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues.
- You work hard and are fun to be around.
As an Economics Officer you will play a key role in physician compensation and contract management as you:
- Participate in working groups and committees as required, conduct research, complete national scans and compile topical issues for discussion purposes.
- Respond to inquiries from physicians regarding economic issues.
- Support the Director of Economics and the CEO during the negotiation process.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on selected topics to students, residents and physicians.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with external partners including medical schools, Regional Health Authorities, the Department of Health, WorksafeNB and others.
- Use Microsoft Office in a proficient manner.
Written and spoken competence in English and French.
The successful candidate will be flexible to travel within the province of New Brunswick and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Location and Hours:
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. At times, you will be required to work outside the normal business hours of 8:30am-4:30pm to accommodate client needs. However, after-work commitments are usually predictable and planned well in advance.
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan.
- A positive and inclusive work culture.
- Career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Interesting, stimulating work with a professional membership.
- Meaningful involvement in shaping and ensuring NB’s health care system is progressive and sustainable.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- As part of the application process, an interview in both official languages and a writing sample may be required.
- Please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Director of Corporate Services, [email protected] by February 23rd, 2018.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.