Director of Policy & Communications
New Brunswick Medical Society
Full-time Permanent Position
Based in the provincial capital, the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for physicians in New Brunswick. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Policy & Communications is strategic advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and other senior managers. The Director of Policy & Communications oversees all internal and external communications, health policy, and health promotion initiatives.
Who are you?
- You have proven success in marketing, communications, public relations and/or strategic planning with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- You have related post-secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications. Graduate studies will be considered an asset.
- You are an effective communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation to senior management, Board of Directors, stakeholders and the media.
- You have previous people management skills and a proven track record in government relations.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, critical thinking, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You have a good understanding of public advocacy strategies and tactics.
- You are reliable, discrete, and conscientious.
- You effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients.
- You value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues.
- You work hard and are fun to be around.
As the Director of Policy & Communications, you will play an important impacting the strategic direction of the New Brunswick Medical Society as you:
- Create and administer effective programs for media relations, sponsorships, member communications, use of social media and public campaigns.
- Manage a small team of communications specialists.
- Oversee the NBMS’ brand, annual report, website and marketing collateral.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with external partners within the medical schools, Regional Health Authorities, and the Department of Health.
- Develop position papers on key health policy issues of the Society.
Written and spoken competence in both official languages is essential.
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan.
- A positive and inclusive work culture.
- Career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their application how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- As part of the application process, an interview in both official languages and a writing sample may be required.
- Please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Director of Corporate Services at the New Brunswick Medical Society [email protected] by March 5th, 2018.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.