Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada’s last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Brewer for our new 20 barrell small batch brewery. The role is based in Saint John, New Brunswick, reporting to the Manager of Brewing Operations. This hands-on role manages all aspects of brewing from ingredient evaluation and supply to brewing, packaging and QA.
- Managing all aspects of brewing from ingredient evaluation and supply to brewing, packaging and Quality Assurance.
- Maintaining process consistency
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Manage all aspects of a unionized brewing team
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- A college degree in a science-related field, and a brewing education from a qualified program
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on and supervisory experience in a production brewery
- Good working knowledge of Brewing Safety, Housekeeping and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some experience with QA analytical procedures
- Kegs, cans and bottles packaging experience
- Recipe formulation experience
- Solid familiarity of classic and newer beer styles
- A great sense of humour coupled with a natural ability to speak in public
- Embraces the opportunity to educate others
- Available to travel for training and to represent Moosehead at various events
- Strong problem solving
- Good active listening