Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada’s last-major brewer still owned by Canadian’s. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
Moosehead has an immediate requirement in the New Brunswick market for an Agency Store Sales Specialist. This position is a 1 year contract term based in Moncton, NB, and will service the Agency Store network in New Brunswick.
- Responsible for carrying out sales-related merchandising tasks within assigned accounts.
- Service NB Agency Store outlets: service and merchandise local retail locations to improve Moosehead Breweries’ product placement at the point of purchase, increase distribution of our award-winning portfolio, identify any distribution or execution gaps, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Install/Replace/Update POS material at the point of sale according to prior agreements or based on brand strategy (racks, price cards, display units, semi-permanent display, permanent display, etc.)
- Set-up displays that have been previously negotiated at head office or store level. Ensure current POS material is visible.
- Ensure Moosehead products are in full distribution based on store/head office compliance.
- Ensure product is rotated and check code dates to ensure no expired product is available for sale.
- Check pricing to ensure compliance and correct if necessary
- Stock coolers, shelves, displays or walk-in-coolers.
- Observe and record all competitive activity and report accordingly
- Ensure product quality in assigned accounts – out of code product, torn packaging, etc.
- Other tasks as necessary.
- Bilingual (French / English)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Must be able to work flexible hours – evenings and weekends
- Excellent time-management and planning skills, with an ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be competent in the use of computer productivity software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to lift 20 kilogram’s multiple times per day
- An appreciation for beer is considered a strong asset
- Own a reliable vehicle & hold a valid driver’s license (drivers abstract will be required)
The ideal candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- A fiercely competitive spirit
- A sense of urgency to achieve results
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Strong desire to learn & continuously improve
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family’s passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America’s beer industry.