Quality & Risk Consultant
Full Time Permanent Position
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we’re looking for a Quality & Risk Consultant to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, Quality & Risk, the Quality & Risk Consultant will support risk management activities of home health services and pre-hospital care. Working with all areas of the organization, our patients and their families, as well as stakeholders, the Consultant will coordinate and process patient safety incidents, complaints and other risk related activities.
The Quality & Risk Consultant will focus on preventing adverse events and near misses which could impact patients, employees and our operations. The Consultant will also ensure all necessary information is collected regarding incidents and complaints by effectively communicating with patients, their families, other healthcare providers and stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Have a minimum of five years working in the field of quality and risk management, or in a position where managing quality and risk is part of regular activities;
- Have an understanding of investigative processes and demonstrated experience in executing quality activities and investigations;
- Possess excellent analytical skills, including the ability to think outside existing management practices/models and demonstrate foresight about potential issues and opportunities;
- Have demonstrated ability to engage others in discussions and influence decisions through clear, concise, logical and compelling communication while providing the appropriate level of depth when communicating with a diverse group;
- Have an understanding of home care health and ambulance systems and inherent safety and risk management processes;
- Have exceptional communications skills both written and verbal, including the ability to engage various diverse groups in discussions;
- Are knowledgeable of applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations relating to privacy, patient safety and risk management as well as accreditation standards; and
- Have the ability to manage difficult emotional situations either in person or via telephone with the patient, family, external stakeholders and internal staff.
Bilingualism is a requirement for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected].
Please include the competition number NB18004 in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes Monday, February 05, 2018.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer.