McInnes Cooper’s Corporate & Business team is seeking a Litigation and Asset Recovery Paralegal to join in our Fredericton office. As part of the Litigation team you will support the Asset Recovery lawyers in the Fredericton office by independently managing all aspects of debt recovery matters.
As a Litigation Paralegal you will be responsible for:
- Preparing correspondence and legal documents related to insolvency, receiverships and general asset recovery matters
- Providing bankruptcy estate and receivership management support services including drafting and coordinating PPSA registrations of security and notices of judgment in the PPRS, preparing Proofs of Claim and bankruptcy estate related documentation, as well as, drafting and issuing demand letters
- File preparation and management, utilizing a bring forward system to monitor progress of all files including expiry of demand for payments, default of defence dates, and PPSA and Land Titles Registry judgment registration expirations
- File tracking and processing client payments, and follow up as required.
- Scheduling and set up of judgment debtor examinations
- Creating systems to track and coordinate recovery efforts
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education, in addition to experience working in a legal support role
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism
- Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be strong team player and have high personal integrity