Mariner Innovations is part of the Mariner Partners group of companies, known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. In addition to Mariner Innovations, Mariner Partners consists of Mariner xVu™, Shift Energy and East Valley Ventures:
- Mariner xVu™ is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience – anywhere.
- East Valley, the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Shift Energy’s Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world’s leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner’s head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
The position is located in Moncton, New Brunswick. The candidates should have a Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science/Engineering with related work experience. As part of the development team, the incumbent is responsible for performing analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation for internal products and clients as the project schedule requires and deadlines dictate.
- Experience in coding in C#/ ASP.NET MVC5 and general OOP concepts / best practices
- Experience with ASP.NET Razor Views
- Experience with service oriented architecture and data transfer via JSON (RESTful)
- Experience and understanding of the full ASP.NET Web API stack
- Microsoft SQL Server – SQL queries, stored procedures
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment (SCRUM and Kanban)
- Ability to deliver working software while collaborating with end users
- Self-motivated, driven and disciplined to stay on task while working remotely
- (Bonus) Experience with using Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator for UI / UX Design