Faculty of Engineering: Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre UNB Fredericton
This position is responsible to coordinate and execute operations of the Accelerator programs. The startups would mainly be focused on Energy, Smart-Grid, Cybersecurity, and Clean Tech in the programs.
· Vet accelerator applications, conduct due diligence and make recommendations for which companies will be selected for each cohort.
· Screen applicants, select and contract with applicants. Interview and help select startups for global impact.
· Work closely with the startup founders to ensure a valuable accelerator experience.
· Manage the budget. Raise funds to make the program sustainable.
· Recruit and manage sponsors. Recruit ad0hoc mentors and companies to come in and give presentations.
· Recruit and get to know the mentors. Help guide mentors to companies based on backgrounds, personalities, needs and interests.
· Meet weekly with companies to check in, evaluate needs, and connect them with mentors.
· Plan, manage, and execute the schedule.
· Foresee schedule conflicts and communicate with all individual impacted.
· Design and plan networking events for our companies to meet our corporate partners, and community of entrepreneurs and alumni.
· High attention to detail as the planned programs must track all moving parts and people and ensure all are on track.
· Professional business demeanour, one who can interact comfortably with C-Level, Academics, Thought leaders and world class domain experts.
· Be available to the companies as needed.
· Collaborate with the video and marketing teams to create fun and engaging video assets.
· Contribute to the development and evolution of the product strategy including objectives, tactics, product roadmap, key milestones and key performance indicators.
· University degree in a relevant area; Master’s preferred.
· 5 – 7 years’ experience in an entrepreneurial environment, including 2 – 3 years supervisory experience.
· Leadership, entrepreneurial, fundraising, analytical, critical thinking, and the ability to solve problems (often under pressure and tight deadlines).
· Knowledge of innovation and entrepreneurship to be able to lead and build a globally impacting organization.
· Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
· Strength in managing multiple priorities and complex tasks.
· Ability to function independently in the role with proven decision making and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability in communication, team building and conflict resolution skills.
· Demonstrated organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.