Saint Stephen, NB
Senior managerial position responsible for directing maintenance, engineering and boiler room operations. Specifically planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluation of all repairs and replacement of plant equipment and facilities. In addition, this position is responsible for plant engineering projects and boiler room operations.
· Adherence to legislated codes, safety practices and personnel safety.
· Direct installation, maintenance and repair of infrastructures including machinery, equipment, electrical, mechanical systems and facilities.
· Design, sourcing, installation and commissioning of capital projects.
· Direct boiler room operations and hold legislated position of “Chief Power Engineer”.
· Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and PM programs.
· Sourcing and ordering all maintenance spare parts.
· Provide technical assistance to other plant departments and personnel.
· Hire, train, evaluate and manage staff.
· Ensure staff are trained in and rigorously follow GMP and HAACP related practices and procedures
· Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services.
· Develop, manage and report on facility’s maintenance, engineering and boiler room budgets.
· Professional Engineer in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
· Chief Power Engineer with minimum of 4th Class Power Engineer License.
· Five to ten years of supervisory experience with facility operations or maintenance.
· Knowledge of current health & safety legislations, policies and procedures.
· Ability to work cooperatively with teams, departments or self-directed.
· Provide 24hr contact coverage and work additional hours when required.
Established in 1873, Ganong has the distinction of being Canada’s oldest independently family owned and operated chocolate company. To this day, the company still continues to manufacture its famous confections in the town of St. Stephen, New Brunswick. Ganong continues to grow in the fast paced & competitive world of food manufacturing. As we continue to expand and respond to customer, food safety and food quality requirements, Ganong is currently seeking a Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
Interested candidates should apply before November 23, 2017 to: [email protected]
Please reference Job Posting #MEM09072017 on your application
Ganong appreciates all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted