Join the American Forest Foundation’s WoodsCamp Technology team to help build technologies for reaching and engaging family forest owners across the US. The American Forest Foundation works to protect and measurably increase the clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood supplies coming from family-owned forests, by working with landowners, partners, stakeholders and policymakers to address today’s important economic and environmental issues.
- Collaborate with other Woodscamp technical staff to tackle large scale web development projects.
- Design and develop internal development tools.
- Write documentation on technical products and procedures.
- Write unit tests for new and existing technical products.
- Troubleshoot technical problems & fix bugs.
- Research and present solutions to management.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and at least two years of experience in web development or related field are required. Salary will be commensurate with experience and is combined with an attractive benefits package. The position is based with the WoodsCamp team in Lunenburg, NS.
- A commitment to the American Forest Foundation’s mission with a passion for forests and conservation
- Both personable and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and adapt based on what is learned through experience
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative; a self-starter with tenacity, resilience, and high energy
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to effectively plan and problem solve
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple priorities
- HTML, CSS, JS
- Node, NPM, React, Vue, jQuery, Webpack
- GraphQL, NoSQL, Postgres, MySQL
- PHP, Composer, Laravel
- TDD – Jest, PHPUnit
- Linux/Unix environments
- Shell scripting
Bonus Technical Attributes
- AWS Batch
- AWS Lambda
- Serverless Framework
WoodsCamp is the technology platform building trusted relationships in partnership with America’s four million woodland owners.
In regions where the nation’s forests are predominantly in private ownership (as opposed to state owned), the forest conservation and forest products industries must coordinate their work across a fragmented mosaic of woodland ownerships where landowners increasingly struggle to align their options with their values in determining how to build the health and wealth of their family forests.
For most woodland owners, not knowing what to do, it’s easier to do nothing.
Recently acquired by the American Forest Foundation (AFF), the WoodsCamp team is committed to AFF’s mission of ensuring the sustainability of America’s family forests. We are achieving this by developing online tools and world class support for landowners and partners as they act across millions of acres to ensure clean water, wildlife habitat and sustainable wood for present and future generations.
By leveraging emerging technologies, datasets and cloud services, we are unlocking impact at scale for half of America’s forested land.
Learn more about the problem we’re solving here.
Apply Now to grab this rare opportunity to live in a beautiful vibrant rural community, unleash your creativity and leadership with a growing team that values innovation and impact.
We offer a startup culture with the security of consistent funding and a strong network of partners and assets. If you are passionate about forest and wildlife conservation, rural sustainability and lean startup, there is no better place to put your talent to work.
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.