WORKING AT NBIF
At the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF), we strive to change the world one idea at a time. We make dreams come true by enabling innovators to turn their ideas into reality. Our talented team of professionals share a can-do attitude and rely on teamwork to support our clients and to solve complex problems each day. Together we make a significant impact and share a desire to transform our community, all while gaining a breadth of knowledge and experience that’s beyond compare.
At NBIF, innovation is more than a buzzword, innovation is our business. No one day is ever the same as we work with some of the most amazing innovators and help them to realize their dreams. We offer a workplace that empowers our people to do meaningful work and to learn, grow and develop. We believe in continuous learning and refuse to accept the status quo.
You share our enthusiasm and passion for innovation and embrace a startup mindset. You are creative and thoughtful, yet thrive in an environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines. You take pride in your work, excel under pressure, and enjoy helping people. You collaborate well with others and are there to support the organization as a team player and communicator.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Investment Analyst to join our organization. This individual will play a pivotal role in managing and growing our investment portfolio, and review prospective investment opportunities to positively impact business development.
- Review and examine incoming investment opportunities
- Determine investment strategies that positively impact business development and the New Brunswick community
- Conduct financial analysis and the due diligence required to make sound investment decisions
- Assist with negotiating and structing investments
- Actively support our investee firms
- Monitor market trends, opportunities, and risks
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Post-secondary education/university degree in business or a related field (finance, economics, or accounting)
- Written and spoken competencies in both French and English is strongly preferred
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional financial modelling skills
- Self-motivated, with the discipline required to work independently
- Possess the communication and collaboration skills that are critical for success in a highly team-oriented environment
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the areas of:
- finance and/or accounting
- venture capital financing
- enterprise creation
- Familiarity with startup landscape in New Brunswick would be considered an asset
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
ABOUT THE NBIF
Established in 2003, NBIF is an independent, non-profit corporation that is building the innovation capacity of our province by making investments in applied research and in high-growth potential businesses. We bring together ideas, people and investment capital to bridge the gap between research and enterprise.
Since its inception, NBIF has invested $85 million dollars and leveraged an additional $425 million dollars in funding, all in support of innovation in New Brunswick. These investments have had significant impact on the New Brunswick economy. For every dollar invested by NBIF, $8 has been contributed to the provincial GDP and $2.60 has been generated in tax revenue. To date, NBIF has funded 470 research projects within the province’s universities, community colleges and research organization and supported the creation of over 106 for-profit companies.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on your qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application by e-mail to [email protected] The deadline for application is Tuesday, December 12th, 2017.