Engineering / Product Development/ Manufacturing
Moncton, New Brunswick
Do you want to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is an industry leader in our field? Greystone Energy Systems Inc. is dedicated to developing high quality and innovative solutions for its customers with unsurpassed customer service.
We are growing and looking for a motivated Design Engineer to join the Engineering team working in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Objective & Summary
- This position is responsible for the research and development of new product and maintenance of existing product.
- This position is responsible to identify technical problems, evaluate solutions and present findings and conclusions to the Engineering Manager and other team members.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, maintain and improve products for the HVAC industry.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Ensure design compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications.
- Provide technical support for production and documentation systems related to design files.
- Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
- Responsible for plastic part design from concept to mold specification.
- Prepare accurate 3D models and 2D drawings for new product introductions.
- Ensure model and drawing libraries comply with document control system.
- Design models, drawings and other documentation to support product marketing and manufacturing instructions.
- Create 3D assemblies from existing part models or from new concepts.
- Initiate and/or provide design input to Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) to improve quality and manufacturability, reduce assembly time or material costs.
- Additional duties as required.
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Education, Training & Experience
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, technical electronics diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product design for manufacturing.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Basic knowledge of electrical components and electronic circuits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and design documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and 3D modeling software (SolidWorks).
- Advanced knowledge of plastic part design and the molding process.
- Ability to develop product concepts and create photo-realistic renderings.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new technology to projects as required.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to observe, receive and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
Preference will be given to applicants that can prove a successful track record.
Please provide at least three (3) reference names and email addresses of people who are very familiar with your skills, abilities and experience. All references will be contacted for successful candidates.
Only those who will be considered for the next step of the application process will be contacted
Applications should be forwarded to Sima Eskandari, HR Manager