We are seeking a full-time Game Developer for one of our clients. We’re looking for a talented, passionate individual with hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. If you have a strong track record in game design and are able to collaborate with other disciplines to deliver a high-quality product, then this is the role for you!
Our client is in the gaming industry and its team is on a mission to create fun experiences that help brands connect to a family and youth audience. They are a company that harnesses the power of talented people and inventiveness. The development team believes in following scrum methodologies, they work together seamlessly and cross-functionally with other departments. This is a great opportunity to join a company that will be making huge strides in the gaming industry, all out of Prince Edward Island.
Compensation: $50,000 – $60,000. Salary can be negotiated based on experience.
Contributing to the creation of high-quality products, including:
- Collaborating with a team of producers, artists and programmers from concept to deployment.
- Designing and writing clean, readable code.
- Optimizing performance issues and proactively avoiding potential obstacles.
- Managing timelines and providing accurate estimates for tasks required for scheduling purposes.
- Researching new technologies and learning new tools.
- Bug fixing, maintenance and optimization.
- Rapid prototyping.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience as a game developer.
- You work well with others. You collaborate effectively using verbal communication.
- You’re comfortable working in a startup environment where pivoting is necessary and change is welcome.
- You can find solutions to complex problems by any means necessary.
- You create experiences that have never been created before using hardware that may be in prototype stage.
- You can work on games as a game programmer with Unity and C#.
- You have knowledge and experience in 3D game development.
- You understand networking, memory management, security, and performance capabilities.
- You can independently design, write, and maintain high quality code.
- You’re passionate, curious, and have a strong knowledge of games & interactive experiences.
- You work under pressure with strong organization, attention to detail and excellent documentation skills.
- You’ve implemented analytics or other BA tools.
- You’ve implemented saved game data, like player progress, in a structured and extensible format.
- You ideally have VR development experience with HTC, Oculus, OSVR or other HMD.
LaunchPad PEI is a non-profit incubator that supports the growth of new technology companies in Prince Edward Island, Canada. We are built on a foundation of past success by providing valuable support services in a professional working environment for new companies in Prince Edward Island looking to grow.
We have been providing assistance and support to startups since 2002. In that time, we have helped our companies on topics such as incorporation, finding technical resources and product development. We have a strong history of assisting startups who have attracted investment and made successful exits.