- This event has passed.
Immigration 101: Demystifying the Requirements for Hiring and Retaining International Talent
January 23 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
More and more pathways are now available to help employers bring skilled talent from around the world to Canada, but that doesn’t mean the processes are straight forward and easy to understand. Not surprisingly, many New Brunswick employers struggle to understand which of the following immigration programs is the best tool to assist them in filling their labour market needs:
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
- The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- The International Mobility Program
- The Global Skills Strategy (“GSS”)
- The Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”) process, or
- The Global Talent Stream (“GTS”)
This learning session, presented by Andrea Baldwin of EY Law and supported by ONB, will provide participants with a high-level overview of various Canadian immigration programs available to employers. The following topics will be discussed during this presentation:
- The circumstances under which foreign nationals are eligible to work in Canada without a work permit as a business visitor or under the new short-term work permit exemption.
- Is the Atlantic Immigration Pilot the right tool for your business?
- When do new hires qualify for two-week work permit application processing under GSS?
- How can the GTS benefit high growth employers seeking to attract unique and specialized talent, or would the regular LMIA process more effective?
- What is a Labour Market Benefit Plan and when it is required?
- Learn about the Dedicated Service Channel available to employers bringing significant investment to Canada.