Saint John, NEW BRUNSWICK
The Director of News Content will lead the direction and quality of on-air and online news. The DNC will develop and execute company policies based on the Radio-Television-Digital News Association’s Code of Ethics and CAB Standards to ensure news is presented in a fair and unbiased manner to build Acadia’s audience on all platforms.
Reporting to the President, responsibilities of the Director of News Content include:
- Develop and lead the Company’s stations in reporting news, web, and social media policies based on company values and market trends
- Support smaller market newsrooms with regular air check and writing sessions
- Support larger market News Directors with overall newsroom professional development
- Develop and update news, web, and social media policies and strategies
- Research trends in news and mobile technology, as well as the impact of CRTC rulings and regulations related to news and the industry
- Work with senior management on CRTC applications and presentations
- Work with web page developer to continuously look for ways to improve the audience experience and delivery of news on our digital properties
- Develop industry leading trends for delivery and reporting of news
- Analyze and utilize relevant data to identify trends in news consumption habits and audience behaviour
- Work closely with Acadia’s Director of Sales to identify new revenue streams and opportunities related to news
- As part of the senior management team, contribute to development of strategic company plans and goals
- Provide ongoing news related support to Program Directors – Station Managers – and – Acadia senior management as required
- Offer communications advice to Acadia senior management and stations as required
- A degree in Journalism and / or the right combination of work experience and education
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in broadcast and digital journalism
- Experience in a management or coaching role would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of a broadcaster’s liabilities when reporting the news
- Must have proficiencies in social media, multimedia storytelling, and repurposing content for various platforms
- Must have general computer knowledge, and be familiar with newsroom specific software and equipment, on-air software systems, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and react quickly
Acadia Broadcasting Limited, a privately-owned group of radio stations, is recruiting for a Director of News Content to join the corporate head office in Saint John, NB. Acadia has a strong web and social media presence and takes pride in keeping audiences entertained and informed wherever they may be.
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a cover letter and resume before Friday March 2nd, 2018. If this remains posted past March 2nd, 2018 we have not yet selected a successful candidate and welcome your application.