Remsoft, a leader in business analytics, is seeking an accomplished Data Architect to join its Development Team. The successful candidate will provide data architecture expertise in support of Remsoft Solution implementations and participate in the development of application systems and technical solutions, focusing on new/enhanced data structures. This includes database logical and physical design, BI design, design and overview of data requirements.
The role has a significant project focus, contributing to Remsoft engagements, while also helping to support Sales pursuits by meeting with clients, listening to their data challenges and helping to craft solutions. The role must confer with clients, Remsoft technical staff, and other team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational databases. This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Designing and developing the data architecture for a project, in the context of the client’s overall system architecture.
- Provide technical data analysis, database, and BI expertise and advice on projects and technological initiatives.
- Working with clients to design and develop a data integration approach between on premise data systems and Remsoft Cloud-based product offerings.
- Monitoring and supporting the development of the system’s data to ensure it is compliant with the data architecture, and refine the data architecture as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Academic excellence preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with: databases and database applications (Microsoft SQL Server); and strategic design of database systems and the ability to implement the strategy
- Solid understanding of software development models, TDD, unit tests and domain driven design, etc.
- Analytic, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership of tasks
Database Applications, Database Design, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Microsoft SQL Server, Problem Solving Skills, Self Motivated, SQL Database, Able to take ownership of tasks, BI design
Remsoft’s software solution uses data analytics to offer precise operational plans and schedules and long-term strategies that help businesses improve performance and productivity. Our proven software understands our client’s data, applying it to the complex world they operate withinin. It produces actionable plans with absolute clarity so they can make the right decisions and mitigate risk.
Our team consists of experienced, intelligent and ambitious individuals who are highly committed to developing solutions that create a positive impact on our clients and in our community, both locally and globally. For over 25 years, Remsoft has been providing optimization technology that empowers organizations to maximize the performance and value of their assets in the natural resources sector, leading to sustainable management. Through advanced analytics, modeling and spatial optimization technology and services, we simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients to identify opportunities to improve margins, increase revenue, and maximize asset value. In turn, our clients report savings and gains measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Not just an office with a great view – the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
Remsoft offers a competitive salary, benefits package and other perks (including corporate massage therapy, pop-corn and Nerf guns).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.