SEE THE IMPACT OF YOUR WORK ON AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY
The Community Economic Development Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating strategic community development initiatives within the Town of Riverview. The primary responsibilities include providing support to existing community economic development activities and creating a climate that will foster new opportunities and sustainable economic development growth. This position assists with the planning and coordination of the Town’s development and growth through a variety of partnerships and collaborations with key community stakeholders, supporting community centered sustainability programs and innovative community enrichment activities
• Liaises with members of the local business community to ensure that their needs are represented in decision making processes.
• Provides support and advice to business and community groups which will generate increased economic activity.
• Assists in the planning and coordination of the Town’s economic and sustainability initiatives.
• Assists in promoting the Town and its efforts to build the best community possible to existing and prospective businesses, residents and the broader public.
• Prepares and presents statistical analysis on the success of community economic development initiatives and priorities.
• Researches and prepares funding applications and business case analysis for specific programs and initiatives.
• Engages residents, stakeholders and staff in the decision making process in accordance with the Town’s engagement strategy.
• Engages Town residents and businesses on the sustainability journey by coordinating the development and implementation of pilot projects and programs to foster sustainability.
• Develops, implements and markets tourism opportunities within the Town
• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a similar program related to the field of Economic Development.
• Knowledge and experience in coordinating and conducting community development and sustainability programs.
• Ability to develop project plans including detailed schedules and budget management.
• Good communication, relationship building and networking skills.
• Business development awareness and problem solving capabilities.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently.
• Proven experience in managing projects.
• Work experience within a municipality considered an asset.
Whether you’re a resident of Riverview or not, when you work with the Town, you have a direct impact on this place so many call home. Working with the Town is a rewarding and meaningful way to contribute to making Riverview the incredible community we all know and want it to be.
Preferably five (5) years’ experience in economic and/or community development, marketing and/or business administration, research, planning or a combination of experience and education.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 28, 2018