Working closely with the Board of Directors of NBIF, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) possesses a knowledge and understanding of the research and venture capital innovation landscape in New Brunswick. You have proven management experience and the ability to motivate and lead a high-performing team. You have experience in overseeing strategic direction of an organization and creating a vision for success. You are forward thinking, and have a track record of leading change.
- Working with the Board, set strategic priorities and develop an operating plan that will deliver the intended results
- Lead a team of high performing experts in the fields of research and venture capital innovation, motivating them by focusing on employee engagement and leveraging their skills and capabilities
- Manage the performance of the team and the organization by creating a culture of accountability and personal ownership
- Liaise with NBIF’s board of directors and committees of the board to ensure the achievement of corporate objectives
- Regularly engage and update stakeholders including government, investors, partners and others on the progress of NBIF’s mandate and objectives
- Oversee operations and program delivery to ensure desired results are achieved, measured, and communicated
- Identify opportunities to improve the innovation and research ecosystem in New Brunswick by developing great relationships and working with others in the field
- Establish long-term strategy that will ensure the vitality of the organization and, at the same time, further the innovation agenda for the province
- Work proactively with key partners across Canada to maximize the innovation funding available to New Brunswick startup companies and researchers
- Champion the successes of NBIF’s startup companies and researchers to the community by telling their stories and building their brands
- A university degree supplemented by a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive management experience;
- Demonstrated communications and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Experience in working with a board of directors
- Experience in leading, coaching and managing a diverse team of experts
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and public relations skills
- Experience with partnership building, fundraising and community engagement is also required
- French is considered strong asset
Established in 2003, NBIF is an independent, non-profit corporation that is building the innovation capacity of our province by making investments in applied research and in high-growth potential businesses. We bring together ideas, people and investment capital to bridge the gap between research and enterprise.
Since its inception, NBIF has invested $85 million dollars and leveraged an additional $425 million dollars in funding, all in support of innovation in New Brunswick. These investments have had significant impact on the New Brunswick economy. For every dollar invested by NBIF, $8 has been contributed to the provincial GDP and $2.60 has been generated in tax revenue. To date, NBIF has funded 470 research projects within the province’s universities, community colleges and research organization and supported the creation of over 106 for-profit companies.
At the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF), we strive to change the world one idea at a time. We make dreams come true by enabling innovators to turn their ideas into reality. Our talented team of professionals share a can-do attitude and rely on teamwork to support our clients and to solve complex problems each day. Together we make a significant impact and share a desire to transform our community, all while gaining a breadth of knowledge and experience that’s beyond compare.
At NBIF, innovation is more than a buzzword, innovation is our business. No one day is ever the same as we work with some of the most amazing innovators and help them to realize their dreams. We offer a workplace that empowers our people to do meaningful work and to learn, grow and develop. We believe in continuous learning and refuse to accept the status quo.
You share our enthusiasm and passion for innovation and embrace a startup mindset. You are creative and thoughtful, yet thrive in an environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines. You take pride in your work, excel under pressure, and enjoy helping people. You collaborate well with others and are there to support the organization as a team player and communicator.
This full-time position is based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on your qualifications and experience.