Public Affairs Coordinator (Maternity leave)
With over 6.4 million Members nation-wide, CAA is one of the largest, trusted and most respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members everyday savings through its CAA Member Rewards program.
CAA has also been at the forefront of every safety and infrastructure milestone in Canada, from the Trans-Canada Highway to seatbelts, from major reinvestments in roadways to airbags, from distracted driving to traveler safety and consumer protection.
Much of our work today is focused on public education – providing our Members and the public with unbiased, accurate information so they can make informed decisions. We also make sure our key stakeholders and all levels of government are kept aware of our work and our positions in five key areas: traffic safety, the environment, mobility, infrastructure and consumer affairs.
CAA Atlantic is seeking a Public Affairs Coordinator for Atlantic Canada for a 14-month maternity leave contract. Working at CAA Atlantic’s corporate office in Saint John, NB, the Public Affairs Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
The responsibilities for the Public Affairs Coordinator include:
- Managing external stakeholder relationships
- Supporting Public Affairs campaigns and initiatives, from planning to communications to event logistics
- Coordinating media relations
- Monitoring relevant legislation and activities associated with CAA’s key focus areas
- Prepare and/or support the development of communications materials, including CAA Magazine and various marketing collateral
Qualified Candidates shall possess the following skills and experience:
- Recent university graduate in a relevant discipline (Business, Public Relations, Communications)
- Experience in media relations
- Solid organizational and priority management skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Innovative and dynamic, this person will be a problem solver and a solution maker
CAA offers you:
- A compensation plan that includes a competitive salary,
- Complimentary CAA Membership
- Vacation time entitlement
- An innovative and dynamic work environment.